Kalyani Group announced its progressive growth plans by partnering with Global Defence technology and manufacturing companies to create indigenous products and promote 'Make in India' initiative.
Below are the details on the MoU's:
- Bharat Forge Ltd (BFL)., Kalyani Group's flagship company signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with General Atomics, US, a global leader in the research, design, and manufacturing of a diverse portfolio of electromagnetic and advanced power and energy technologies. Under the terms of the MOU, BFL and General Atomics' Electromagnetic Systems Group (GA-EMS) will investigate opportunities to develop and integrate power generation, storage, control and distribution technologies related to surface and undersea naval platforms, and advanced projectiles for weapon system platforms to address Indian defence requirements.
- Bharat Forge Ltd., signed a Memorandum of Understanding with DASTAN Corp., Kyrgyzstan, engaged in development of Torpedoes with advanced homing heads for Shipborne & Submarine platforms, used by Indian Navy. Both firms are coming together for joint upgradation of CET-65E Torpedoes and to participate in jointly identified and mutually agreeable opportunities and programs related to the underwater weapon systems/Product in India and other territories.
- Bharat Forge Ltd(BFL) and Paramount Group, the global aerospace and Technology Company announced the signing of a strategic, high level collaboration agreement to set up a joint venture to combine the technologies, capabilities and expertise of both groups in the industrialisation and indigenisation of defence and aerospace systems.
- Bharat Forge and Thales joined hands to develop the F90 rifles which will serve the defence and law enforcement sectors in India and abroad. This cooperation is a testament to the “Make in India” initiative of the Indian government and paves the way to a potential licensing agreement.
- Kalyani Strategic Systems Ltd. (KSSL), Defence Arm of Kalyani Group and Arsenal Joint Stock Company, Bulgaria signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to form a strategic alliance in India for manufacturing small arms and ammunition. KSSL and Arsenal will be aggressively developing a manufacturing capability in India for the “AR” 7.62 x 39mm Assault Rifle and “MG” 7.62 x 51mm Machine Gun series.