Defence Minister Rajnath Singh addressing the Ambassadorsí Round Table for DefExpo 2022, in New Delhi on October 25, 2021.
In a major outreach to the friendly foreign countries as also to the defence manufacturing industries of the world, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh chaired the Ambassadorsí Round Table for DefExpo 2022, in New Delhi on October 25, 2021. The Round Table was aimed to brief the Ambassadors of foreign missions about the planning, arrangements and other details of DefExpo 2022, which will be held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat between March 10-13, 2022.More than 200 delegates, including Ambassadors, Heads of Missions and Defence Attaches attended the Round Table.
Key Highlights of Defence Ministerís speech:
- DefExpo 2022 to sow seeds of successful new ventures & international partnerships for shared prosperity
- The exhibition to boost investment, bolster Indian aerospace & defence ecosystem and cater to defence requirements of the world
- India open to do business on a mutually beneficially collaborative basis for all-round welfare of everyone
- India has potential for R&D in space, cyberspace, futuristic capabilities & disruptive technologies
- Defence exports grew by 334% in last five years; India now exporting to over 75 countries due to collaborative efforts.